Get Recruitment Support
There are both publically-funded programs and private organizations that can help you meet your recruitment needs. This portal focuses mainly on free services for employers. It should be noted that there are a variety of private recruitment firms in Ottawa that can also help you with your hiring needs.
This section provides more information on services offered by:
The Employment Ontario Ottawa Network (EOON) is comprised of nine agencies in eleven different locations in Ottawa, offering you a full range of employment services in both official languages.
Through the Employment Ontario Centres, employers can access the following services:
- Access to more than 10,000 job seekers
- Pre-screening of candidates based on your company’s needs
- Additional recruitment support with free space provided for job fairs, one-on-one interviews, and help in planning meet- and -greet events with job seekers
- Support and follow-ups to the employer/client during the training period
To access services, employers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered business in the province of Ontario
- Have 3rd party general liability insurance
- WSIB coverage or alternate workplace safety insurance
Click here for more information: Employment Ontario Ottawa Network
You can also click on the links below to visit the Centre website for the location nearest to you.
- CENTRETOWN – City of Ottawa and Lawrence College Employment Services
- EAST – Agilec (formerly Northern Lights Canada), Vanier Community Service Centre, and La Cité collégiale Employment Resource Centre
- WEST – CERC, Pinecrest-Queensway Employment Services, YMCA-YWCA Employment Access Centre
- SOUTH – YSB Employment Services
Post-secondary institutions offer a variety of free services to employers to hire students and graduates for work placements (paid and unpaid), temporary and permanent employment.
- Algonquin College Employment Support Centre– Provides a variety of services to employers, including participation in Career Fairs, posting a job on their site, and providing interview and presentation space to meet with students and graduates at no charge.
- Carleton University – Employer Services– Helps employers meet their recruitment needs with year-round support and activities. To post a job or register for a career fair, go directly to the portal CUHire here.
- La Cité collégiale– Services offered to employers include assisting in recruiting competent candidates with solid, practical training to meet their human resource requirements, including free job postings with emails to graduates, space for interviews and information sessions, and an annual job fair in February.
- University of Ottawa – Career Development Centre– Offers customized services to organize a successful recruitment or marketing campaign on campus, including employer presentations, job postings, on-campus interviews, information tables, and career fairs.
- Willis College – Career Services– Helps employers meet their recruitment needs by giving them access to a wide range of qualified individuals for a variety of positions, including Business Administration, Networking, Health Care, and Social and Community Services. Free recruitment services are available, as well as hosting a co-op student (unpaid).
There are also comprehensive recruitment support programs focused on increasing diversity and matching specific populations with employment.
Please visit the MAXIMIZE SUPPORT page for a comprehensive list.